In honor of the new NBA season, let’s go ahead and say that, starting about a month ago, Lloyd’s shooting one-for-two from the field. After leaving the Booth jumping out of their seats with Pusha and Pusha (Remix) featuring Lil Wayne (“long hair don’t care”), the perpetually calm crooner largely bricked his last shot at Booth acclaim, the merely decent Take It Off. Well you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, so Lloyd’s still firing away, this time with the slowly smoking Like Me, a J$MIL-produced joint that shows Lloyd’s more autobiographical side as he lays out how he went from a fatherless childhood to r&b fame, a theme echoed by Bun B in his trill guest verse. Like Me might not make the highlight reels, but I’ve got to give it to Lloyd, he hits nothing but net on this one (no more bad basketball puns, I promise). Keep it locked for more from Lloyd as he prepares his upcoming project The Young Goldie EP, reportedly set for independent release sometime in December.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.