In honor of the new NBA season, let’s go ahead and say that, starting about a month ago, Lloyd’s shooting one-for-two from the field. After leaving the Booth jumping out of their seats with Pusha and Pusha (Remix) featuring Lil Wayne (“long hair don’t care”), the perpetually calm crooner largely bricked his last shot at Booth acclaim, the merely decent Take It Off. Well you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, so Lloyd’s still firing away, this time with the slowly smoking Like Me, a J$MIL-produced joint that shows Lloyd’s more autobiographical side as he lays out how he went from a fatherless childhood to r&b fame, a theme echoed by Bun B in his trill guest verse. Like Me might not make the highlight reels, but I’ve got to give it to Lloyd, he hits nothing but net on this one (no more bad basketball puns, I promise). Keep it locked for more from Lloyd as he prepares his upcoming project The Young Goldie EP, reportedly set for independent release sometime in December.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.