In honor of the new NBA season, let’s go ahead and say that, starting about a month ago, Lloyd’s shooting one-for-two from the field. After leaving the Booth jumping out of their seats with Pusha and Pusha (Remix) featuring Lil Wayne (“long hair don’t care”), the perpetually calm crooner largely bricked his last shot at Booth acclaim, the merely decent Take It Off. Well you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, so Lloyd’s still firing away, this time with the slowly smoking Like Me, a J$MIL-produced joint that shows Lloyd’s more autobiographical side as he lays out how he went from a fatherless childhood to r&b fame, a theme echoed by Bun B in his trill guest verse. Like Me might not make the highlight reels, but I’ve got to give it to Lloyd, he hits nothing but net on this one (no more bad basketball puns, I promise). Keep it locked for more from Lloyd as he prepares his upcoming project The Young Goldie EP, reportedly set for independent release sometime in December.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!