In honor of the new NBA season, let’s go ahead and say that, starting about a month ago, Lloyd’s shooting one-for-two from the field. After leaving the Booth jumping out of their seats with Pusha and Pusha (Remix) featuring Lil Wayne (“long hair don’t care”), the perpetually calm crooner largely bricked his last shot at Booth acclaim, the merely decent Take It Off. Well you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, so Lloyd’s still firing away, this time with the slowly smoking Like Me, a J$MIL-produced joint that shows Lloyd’s more autobiographical side as he lays out how he went from a fatherless childhood to r&b fame, a theme echoed by Bun B in his trill guest verse. Like Me might not make the highlight reels, but I’ve got to give it to Lloyd, he hits nothing but net on this one (no more bad basketball puns, I promise). Keep it locked for more from Lloyd as he prepares his upcoming project The Young Goldie EP, reportedly set for independent release sometime in December.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.