I’ll be the first to admit I don’t quite understand the appeal of getting it in on camera, but whether it’s the prospect of reliving those steamy moments years in the future, or the thrilling risk of public embarrassment and/or potential blackmail, something about it seems to turn people, particularly celebrities, on. Fresh of his release from his Universal Motown contract, the newly-indie Lloyd outs himself as one of the R&B game’s many videophiles on this new cut, shouting, “Lights, Camera, Action!” as he and one very trusting chick get ready for their big-screen debut. Even if the subject matter doesn’t get you hot under the collar, there’s a lot to like here—the singer’s breathless, movie-themed come-ons (“I do my stunts on my own…”) along with Polow Da Don‘s electro-tinged mix of Popcorn-esque synths and propulsive, handclap-driven percussion, make for a danceable cut with freaky appeal to spare. Fans can find plenty more remixed/unreleased cuts on Lessons in Love 2.0, out now through Lloyd’s own Young Goldie label.
Listen to More: Lloyd
Written by richard on 06/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.