I’ll be the first to admit I don’t quite understand the appeal of getting it in on camera, but whether it’s the prospect of reliving those steamy moments years in the future, or the thrilling risk of public embarrassment and/or potential blackmail, something about it seems to turn people, particularly celebrities, on. Fresh of his release from his Universal Motown contract, the newly-indie Lloyd outs himself as one of the R&B game’s many videophiles on this new cut, shouting, “Lights, Camera, Action!” as he and one very trusting chick get ready for their big-screen debut. Even if the subject matter doesn’t get you hot under the collar, there’s a lot to like here—the singer’s breathless, movie-themed come-ons (“I do my stunts on my own…”) along with Polow Da Don‘s electro-tinged mix of Popcorn-esque synths and propulsive, handclap-driven percussion, make for a danceable cut with freaky appeal to spare. Fans can find plenty more remixed/unreleased cuts on Lessons in Love 2.0, out now through Lloyd’s own Young Goldie label.
Listen to More: Lloyd Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.