Love is in the air today, Booth readers – and by “love” I mean lust. After hearing Nappy Boy quartet One Chance announce their intent to bypass conversation and get right down to business on new single Sexin’ on You, the transition to the latest effort from R&B mainstay Lloyd could hardly have been smoother. Let’s Get It In finds the Young Goldie crooner at the local spot, dead set on… well… getting it in with a certain female clubgoer. And, as he explains over Rob Holladay and Polow Da Don‘s club-friendly synth/handclap backdrop, he hasn’t got a minute to lose: “I wish I had time to get to know you but I don’t / I wish I could be here in the morning but I won’t…” Acting as Lloyd’s wingman on this joint is none other than 50 Cent; the G-Unit head honcho keeps his cool on the record’s front end, asking a chick he’s got his eye on for “just a touch of your love.” So, readers, is Get It In a worthy successor to highly-acclaimed lead single Lay It Down? Those who think so should keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes leading up to the December arrival of King of Hearts.
Written by richard on 09/28/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)