Love is in the air today, Booth readers – and by “love” I mean lust. After hearing Nappy Boy quartet One Chance announce their intent to bypass conversation and get right down to business on new single Sexin’ on You, the transition to the latest effort from R&B mainstay Lloyd could hardly have been smoother. Let’s Get It In finds the Young Goldie crooner at the local spot, dead set on… well… getting it in with a certain female clubgoer. And, as he explains over Rob Holladay and Polow Da Don‘s club-friendly synth/handclap backdrop, he hasn’t got a minute to lose: “I wish I had time to get to know you but I don’t / I wish I could be here in the morning but I won’t…” Acting as Lloyd’s wingman on this joint is none other than 50 Cent; the G-Unit head honcho keeps his cool on the record’s front end, asking a chick he’s got his eye on for “just a touch of your love.” So, readers, is Get It In a worthy successor to highly-acclaimed lead single Lay It Down? Those who think so should keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes leading up to the December arrival of King of Hearts.
Written by richard on 09/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.