I know what you’re thinking: “A new track from Lloyd, and it’s titled Lay It Down? That’s gotta be about getting it on.” Not so fast – in actuality, the R&B singer’s first single as a Zone 4/Interscope signee finds him instructing listeners in the proper technique for laying sod on your front lawn. OK, just kidding; it’s about sex. Here, Polow Da Don mans the boards, cooking up a beat laden with slow-jam synths as the Young Goldie crooner persuades his girl to lay her head on his pillow so he can get down to business. On the vocal tip, Lloyd excels as usual, energetically delivering seductive (and kinda hilarious) lines like “You’re lookin’ at me girl, and I ain’t talkin’ bout the look in your eyes.” and “Don’t be bougie ‘cause tonight I need a hood girl.” On the back end, he even treats listeners to a little Echo-style yodeling. Is this bedroom burner appealing enough to earn Lloyd’s fourth studio album, King of Hearts, a place on store shelves sooner than later? Only time will tell but, as always, Booth readers are welcome to speculate….
Written by richard on 08/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.