Lloyd has found his niche as R&B’s resident Romeo. On an unofficial remix of Year of the Lover, the third single off his current album, Lessons In Love, the Atlanta superstar steamily urges his ladies to celebrate the 365-day love fest. With Eric Hudson‘s production perfectly crafted to complement Lloyd’s patented falsetto, the record is reminiscent of the successful sound that the singer cultivated on his sophomore set, Street Love. With the addition of Rock City, the remix becomes less about the musical relationship between singer and audience, and more focused on the duo’s energy, excitement and patented island vibe. If Year of the Lover succeeds in overshadowing Year of the Gentleman, war may be imminent, but whoever wins, the ladies are sure to be satisfied.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.