Lloyd has found his niche as R&B’s resident Romeo. On an unofficial remix of Year of the Lover, the third single off his current album, Lessons In Love, the Atlanta superstar steamily urges his ladies to celebrate the 365-day love fest. With Eric Hudson‘s production perfectly crafted to complement Lloyd’s patented falsetto, the record is reminiscent of the successful sound that the singer cultivated on his sophomore set, Street Love. With the addition of Rock City, the remix becomes less about the musical relationship between singer and audience, and more focused on the duo’s energy, excitement and patented island vibe. If Year of the Lover succeeds in overshadowing Year of the Gentleman, war may be imminent, but whoever wins, the ladies are sure to be satisfied.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.