Lloyd has found his niche as R&B’s resident Romeo. On an unofficial remix of Year of the Lover, the third single off his current album, Lessons In Love, the Atlanta superstar steamily urges his ladies to celebrate the 365-day love fest. With Eric Hudson‘s production perfectly crafted to complement Lloyd’s patented falsetto, the record is reminiscent of the successful sound that the singer cultivated on his sophomore set, Street Love. With the addition of Rock City, the remix becomes less about the musical relationship between singer and audience, and more focused on the duo’s energy, excitement and patented island vibe. If Year of the Lover succeeds in overshadowing Year of the Gentleman, war may be imminent, but whoever wins, the ladies are sure to be satisfied.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.