Lloyd has found his niche as R&B’s resident Romeo. On an unofficial remix of Year of the Lover, the third single off his current album, Lessons In Love, the Atlanta superstar steamily urges his ladies to celebrate the 365-day love fest. With Eric Hudson‘s production perfectly crafted to complement Lloyd’s patented falsetto, the record is reminiscent of the successful sound that the singer cultivated on his sophomore set, Street Love. With the addition of Rock City, the remix becomes less about the musical relationship between singer and audience, and more focused on the duo’s energy, excitement and patented island vibe. If Year of the Lover succeeds in overshadowing Year of the Gentleman, war may be imminent, but whoever wins, the ladies are sure to be satisfied.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.