Gearing up for the release of his third studio album, Lessons in Love, R&B singer Lloyd has released his newest official single, Year of the Lover, which can best be described as the epitome of a modern-day R&B hit; Lloyd’s sensually-charged vocals combined with Bryan-Michael Cox‘s slow, synth-heavy beat appeal perfectly to his primarily female audience. For the remix, the Atlanta-born crooner picks up one of the ladies’ bigger heartthrobs in urban music to add eight bars off the top. As Plies describes what he wants his wedding to be like, women will certainly fantasize right along with him – well, at least till he says “I’m just playin’.” Year of the Lover is the third single from Lessons in Love, which will be available in stores and online this upcoming Tuesday, August 5.
Written by Burmy on 07/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)