Gearing up for the release of his third studio album, Lessons in Love, R&B singer Lloyd has released his newest official single, Year of the Lover, which can best be described as the epitome of a modern-day R&B hit; Lloyd’s sensually-charged vocals combined with Bryan-Michael Cox‘s slow, synth-heavy beat appeal perfectly to his primarily female audience. For the remix, the Atlanta-born crooner picks up one of the ladies’ bigger heartthrobs in urban music to add eight bars off the top. As Plies describes what he wants his wedding to be like, women will certainly fantasize right along with him – well, at least till he says “I’m just playin’.” Year of the Lover is the third single from Lessons in Love, which will be available in stores and online this upcoming Tuesday, August 5.
Written by Burmy on 07/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.