Gearing up for the release of his third studio album, Lessons in Love, R&B singer Lloyd has released his newest official single, Year of the Lover, which can best be described as the epitome of a modern-day R&B hit; Lloyd’s sensually-charged vocals combined with Bryan-Michael Cox‘s slow, synth-heavy beat appeal perfectly to his primarily female audience. For the remix, the Atlanta-born crooner picks up one of the ladies’ bigger heartthrobs in urban music to add eight bars off the top. As Plies describes what he wants his wedding to be like, women will certainly fantasize right along with him – well, at least till he says “I’m just playin’.” Year of the Lover is the third single from Lessons in Love, which will be available in stores and online this upcoming Tuesday, August 5.
Written by Burmy on 07/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.