Gearing up for the release of his third studio album, Lessons in Love, R&B singer Lloyd has released his newest official single, Year of the Lover, which can best be described as the epitome of a modern-day R&B hit; Lloyd’s sensually-charged vocals combined with Bryan-Michael Cox‘s slow, synth-heavy beat appeal perfectly to his primarily female audience. For the remix, the Atlanta-born crooner picks up one of the ladies’ bigger heartthrobs in urban music to add eight bars off the top. As Plies describes what he wants his wedding to be like, women will certainly fantasize right along with him – well, at least till he says “I’m just playin’.” Year of the Lover is the third single from Lessons in Love, which will be available in stores and online this upcoming Tuesday, August 5.
Written by Burmy on 07/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.