Gearing up for the release of his third studio album, Lessons in Love, R&B singer Lloyd has released his newest official single, Year of the Lover, which can best be described as the epitome of a modern-day R&B hit; Lloyd’s sensually-charged vocals combined with Bryan-Michael Cox‘s slow, synth-heavy beat appeal perfectly to his primarily female audience. For the remix, the Atlanta-born crooner picks up one of the ladies’ bigger heartthrobs in urban music to add eight bars off the top. As Plies describes what he wants his wedding to be like, women will certainly fantasize right along with him – well, at least till he says “I’m just playin’.” Year of the Lover is the third single from Lessons in Love, which will be available in stores and online this upcoming Tuesday, August 5.
Written by Burmy on 07/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.