On August 5, Lloyd will release his brand new album, Lessons In Love. Originally scheduled for a release in mid-July, the project has been pushed back so that the current single, Girls All Around The World, can work its way up both the radio charts. While the world awaits the singer’s junior project, however, two new records have been sent to the Booth… both of which have been left off the LP. Lose Control, one of the last songs recorded during his studio sessions, features production work from Polow Da Don and a guest verse (w/ ad libs) from Nelly. Lloyd spoke of the collaboration during his May interview with DJBooth, “we were up very very late in the morning, but time was of no value to us, ‘cause we were just havin’ a good time.” Unfortunately, this good time will go unreleased.
Note: The streaming of “Lose Control” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by DJ Z on 07/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.