If the Booth is any indication – and let’s be honest, it always is – Lloyd’s new project Like Me: The Young Goldie EP is going to be a monster. Pusha proved to be a smash, Take It Off and Like Me were both highly rated, and I expect his latest offering Everyday, the last leak off the EP, to receive similar love. Built around some lovely production from Wyl-E Morris that seamlessly incorporates acoustic guitar and pounding percussion, Everyday is Lloyd at his most artistic. Always delivering his vocals in a near falsetto, here Lloyd gives a quality performance filled with inspirational (if sometimes occasionally clichéd) lyrics, and Rich Boy proves once again that he’s a much better rapper than he often lets on, dropping a guest verse sure to satisfy his dedicated fans. Everyday may not blow you away, but in such troubled times we could all use some uplifting music. For more of Lloyd’s feel good style, check out his Young Goldie EP, set to win over hearts and minds on December 14.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.