If the Booth is any indication – and let’s be honest, it always is – Lloyd’s new project Like Me: The Young Goldie EP is going to be a monster. Pusha proved to be a smash, Take It Off and Like Me were both highly rated, and I expect his latest offering Everyday, the last leak off the EP, to receive similar love. Built around some lovely production from Wyl-E Morris that seamlessly incorporates acoustic guitar and pounding percussion, Everyday is Lloyd at his most artistic. Always delivering his vocals in a near falsetto, here Lloyd gives a quality performance filled with inspirational (if sometimes occasionally clichéd) lyrics, and Rich Boy proves once again that he’s a much better rapper than he often lets on, dropping a guest verse sure to satisfy his dedicated fans. Everyday may not blow you away, but in such troubled times we could all use some uplifting music. For more of Lloyd’s feel good style, check out his Young Goldie EP, set to win over hearts and minds on December 14.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/10/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.