If the Booth is any indication – and let’s be honest, it always is – Lloyd’s new project Like Me: The Young Goldie EP is going to be a monster. Pusha proved to be a smash, Take It Off and Like Me were both highly rated, and I expect his latest offering Everyday, the last leak off the EP, to receive similar love. Built around some lovely production from Wyl-E Morris that seamlessly incorporates acoustic guitar and pounding percussion, Everyday is Lloyd at his most artistic. Always delivering his vocals in a near falsetto, here Lloyd gives a quality performance filled with inspirational (if sometimes occasionally clichéd) lyrics, and Rich Boy proves once again that he’s a much better rapper than he often lets on, dropping a guest verse sure to satisfy his dedicated fans. Everyday may not blow you away, but in such troubled times we could all use some uplifting music. For more of Lloyd’s feel good style, check out his Young Goldie EP, set to win over hearts and minds on December 14.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.