Sure most of us are still working off a bit of a romance hangover after the love fest that was Valentine’s Day, but can you ever really have too much of Cupid‘s touch? Ok, so maybe you can, but in this case Lloyd, the slim singer with the golden voice, is betting that the Booth is in the mood for some sweet, sweet lovin’ year round. Behind the boards frequent hitmaker Polow Da Don is in smooth hip-pop mode, layering subtle guitar lines and horns over an up-tempo, bouncing beat that breaks down into an incongruous, Swizzy-esque shouter on the bridge. By contrast, Lloyd is at his purest here, both lyrically and musically, professing nothing but the most syrupy of sentiments with every word and note. In other words, I think we can expect to hear this one played at weddings everywhere soon (hey, it’s better than We Are Family 47 times.) But will the Booth fall head over heels with Cupid? We’ll find out soon in the comments below, and when Lloyd’s upcoming album King of Hearts, his debut on Interscope, hits store shelves this spring.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.