Sure most of us are still working off a bit of a romance hangover after the love fest that was Valentine’s Day, but can you ever really have too much of Cupid‘s touch? Ok, so maybe you can, but in this case Lloyd, the slim singer with the golden voice, is betting that the Booth is in the mood for some sweet, sweet lovin’ year round. Behind the boards frequent hitmaker Polow Da Don is in smooth hip-pop mode, layering subtle guitar lines and horns over an up-tempo, bouncing beat that breaks down into an incongruous, Swizzy-esque shouter on the bridge. By contrast, Lloyd is at his purest here, both lyrically and musically, professing nothing but the most syrupy of sentiments with every word and note. In other words, I think we can expect to hear this one played at weddings everywhere soon (hey, it’s better than We Are Family 47 times.) But will the Booth fall head over heels with Cupid? We’ll find out soon in the comments below, and when Lloyd’s upcoming album King of Hearts, his debut on Interscope, hits store shelves this spring.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)