Sure most of us are still working off a bit of a romance hangover after the love fest that was Valentine’s Day, but can you ever really have too much of Cupid‘s touch? Ok, so maybe you can, but in this case Lloyd, the slim singer with the golden voice, is betting that the Booth is in the mood for some sweet, sweet lovin’ year round. Behind the boards frequent hitmaker Polow Da Don is in smooth hip-pop mode, layering subtle guitar lines and horns over an up-tempo, bouncing beat that breaks down into an incongruous, Swizzy-esque shouter on the bridge. By contrast, Lloyd is at his purest here, both lyrically and musically, professing nothing but the most syrupy of sentiments with every word and note. In other words, I think we can expect to hear this one played at weddings everywhere soon (hey, it’s better than We Are Family 47 times.) But will the Booth fall head over heels with Cupid? We’ll find out soon in the comments below, and when Lloyd’s upcoming album King of Hearts, his debut on Interscope, hits store shelves this spring.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.