Sure most of us are still working off a bit of a romance hangover after the love fest that was Valentine’s Day, but can you ever really have too much of Cupid‘s touch? Ok, so maybe you can, but in this case Lloyd, the slim singer with the golden voice, is betting that the Booth is in the mood for some sweet, sweet lovin’ year round. Behind the boards frequent hitmaker Polow Da Don is in smooth hip-pop mode, layering subtle guitar lines and horns over an up-tempo, bouncing beat that breaks down into an incongruous, Swizzy-esque shouter on the bridge. By contrast, Lloyd is at his purest here, both lyrically and musically, professing nothing but the most syrupy of sentiments with every word and note. In other words, I think we can expect to hear this one played at weddings everywhere soon (hey, it’s better than We Are Family 47 times.) But will the Booth fall head over heels with Cupid? We’ll find out soon in the comments below, and when Lloyd’s upcoming album King of Hearts, his debut on Interscope, hits store shelves this spring.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.