Sure most of us are still working off a bit of a romance hangover after the love fest that was Valentine’s Day, but can you ever really have too much of Cupid‘s touch? Ok, so maybe you can, but in this case Lloyd, the slim singer with the golden voice, is betting that the Booth is in the mood for some sweet, sweet lovin’ year round. Behind the boards frequent hitmaker Polow Da Don is in smooth hip-pop mode, layering subtle guitar lines and horns over an up-tempo, bouncing beat that breaks down into an incongruous, Swizzy-esque shouter on the bridge. By contrast, Lloyd is at his purest here, both lyrically and musically, professing nothing but the most syrupy of sentiments with every word and note. In other words, I think we can expect to hear this one played at weddings everywhere soon (hey, it’s better than We Are Family 47 times.) But will the Booth fall head over heels with Cupid? We’ll find out soon in the comments below, and when Lloyd’s upcoming album King of Hearts, his debut on Interscope, hits store shelves this spring.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You ft. Lil' Wayne" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.