Nominally, NYC is under the jurisdiction of Mayor Michael Bloomberg, but we all know who’s really pulling the strings. No, I’m not talking about the Illuminati, but rather a certain emcee whose name starts with “Lloyd” and ends with “Banks.” On newly-leaked mixtape cut We Run the Town, the G-Unit mainstay informs listeners that, whatever those in City Hall have to say about it, he and his crew have dominion over the block. Segueing from an oddball intro sampled from English pop singer Barry Ryan’s ‘68 single Eloise, into a string/brass groove befitting a braggadocious street banger, Audiomatik provides the instrumental backdrop for Banks’ imperious declarations of supremacy over his ‘hood. Harlem rhymesayer Vado assists on the guest tip, staking his own claim on executive power in a blustrous, aggressively-flowed second verse. Craving more bangers from the self-proclaimed lord and magistrate of the Rotten Apple? Then watch the Booth for the latest on Banks’ V6 street album, which still lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 06/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.