Nominally, NYC is under the jurisdiction of Mayor Michael Bloomberg, but we all know who’s really pulling the strings. No, I’m not talking about the Illuminati, but rather a certain emcee whose name starts with “Lloyd” and ends with “Banks.” On newly-leaked mixtape cut We Run the Town, the G-Unit mainstay informs listeners that, whatever those in City Hall have to say about it, he and his crew have dominion over the block. Segueing from an oddball intro sampled from English pop singer Barry Ryan’s ‘68 single Eloise, into a string/brass groove befitting a braggadocious street banger, Audiomatik provides the instrumental backdrop for Banks’ imperious declarations of supremacy over his ‘hood. Harlem rhymesayer Vado assists on the guest tip, staking his own claim on executive power in a blustrous, aggressively-flowed second verse. Craving more bangers from the self-proclaimed lord and magistrate of the Rotten Apple? Then watch the Booth for the latest on Banks’ V6 street album, which still lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 06/12/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.