Nominally, NYC is under the jurisdiction of Mayor Michael Bloomberg, but we all know who’s really pulling the strings. No, I’m not talking about the Illuminati, but rather a certain emcee whose name starts with “Lloyd” and ends with “Banks.” On newly-leaked mixtape cut We Run the Town, the G-Unit mainstay informs listeners that, whatever those in City Hall have to say about it, he and his crew have dominion over the block. Segueing from an oddball intro sampled from English pop singer Barry Ryan’s ‘68 single Eloise, into a string/brass groove befitting a braggadocious street banger, Audiomatik provides the instrumental backdrop for Banks’ imperious declarations of supremacy over his ‘hood. Harlem rhymesayer Vado assists on the guest tip, staking his own claim on executive power in a blustrous, aggressively-flowed second verse. Craving more bangers from the self-proclaimed lord and magistrate of the Rotten Apple? Then watch the Booth for the latest on Banks’ V6 street album, which still lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 06/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.