Still sleeping on Lloyd Banks after three studio albums and numerous street releases? Then I have to conclude that you’re in a persistent vegetative state and thus incapable of appreciating dope music. Still, I sincerely hope his latest latest feature will be your Wake Up call - both for your own sake and because it’d be great to see “G-Unit Member Resuscitates Coma Patient Through the Power of Hip-Hop” on the front page of your local paper. This newly-released mixtape inclusion finds Banks in characteristically fresh, fly form. Backed by Sonaro‘s street-ready bell-percussion groove, the emcee offers listeners an update on the current state of his cash stacks (still towering), his weed (still potent) and his women (still beautiful, and multitudinous). To top it all off, the cut features what I’m almost certain is the first recorded use of the phrase “mank explosion” in a rap record—could we have a new “That sh*t cray” on our hands? Uh, maybe not. Regardless, those who like what they’re hearing should keep their browsers locked for the latest on V6, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 03/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.