Still sleeping on Lloyd Banks after three studio albums and numerous street releases? Then I have to conclude that you’re in a persistent vegetative state and thus incapable of appreciating dope music. Still, I sincerely hope his latest latest feature will be your Wake Up call - both for your own sake and because it’d be great to see “G-Unit Member Resuscitates Coma Patient Through the Power of Hip-Hop” on the front page of your local paper. This newly-released mixtape inclusion finds Banks in characteristically fresh, fly form. Backed by Sonaro‘s street-ready bell-percussion groove, the emcee offers listeners an update on the current state of his cash stacks (still towering), his weed (still potent) and his women (still beautiful, and multitudinous). To top it all off, the cut features what I’m almost certain is the first recorded use of the phrase “mank explosion” in a rap record—could we have a new “That sh*t cray” on our hands? Uh, maybe not. Regardless, those who like what they’re hearing should keep their browsers locked for the latest on V6, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 03/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)