Still sleeping on Lloyd Banks after three studio albums and numerous street releases? Then I have to conclude that you’re in a persistent vegetative state and thus incapable of appreciating dope music. Still, I sincerely hope his latest latest feature will be your Wake Up call - both for your own sake and because it’d be great to see “G-Unit Member Resuscitates Coma Patient Through the Power of Hip-Hop” on the front page of your local paper. This newly-released mixtape inclusion finds Banks in characteristically fresh, fly form. Backed by Sonaro‘s street-ready bell-percussion groove, the emcee offers listeners an update on the current state of his cash stacks (still towering), his weed (still potent) and his women (still beautiful, and multitudinous). To top it all off, the cut features what I’m almost certain is the first recorded use of the phrase “mank explosion” in a rap record—could we have a new “That sh*t cray” on our hands? Uh, maybe not. Regardless, those who like what they’re hearing should keep their browsers locked for the latest on V6, which as yet lacks a solid drop date.
Listen to More: Lloyd Banks
Written by richard on 03/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.