There’s no doubt that Lloyd Banks had a hit with his first single, Beamer, Benz or Bentley, so how can he top that huge rider? Well, the addition of a Good Friday-esque line-up consisting of Kanye West, Ryan Leslie, Swizz Beatz and Fabolous on his new single Start It Up won’t hurt. Although you have three Grammy winning producers on the track, the record’s heavy drums yet poppy synthesizers come courtesy of hit producer Cardiak. Vocally, Banks starts the song, and while his flow may have changed a bit to fit the radio friendly groove it still goes hard, followed closely by a strong 16 from Kanye. Things really hit their groove with Ryan Leslie’s melodic background vocals, although Swizzy’s somewhat annoying hook ruins the mood. However, it’s when Fab comes in and bodies his verse that Start It Up really gets moving – in fact, you could argue Fab somewhat overshadows Lloyd on his own song. If hearing this next radio ready hit from the G-Unit member has worked up your appetite, be sure to check out his upcoming album, The Hunger for More 2, due out November 23.
Written by JRTheWriter on 10/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)