I recently saw a credit card commercial where Jimmy Fallon literally “makes it rain” in the 30 seconds of shine Capital One gave him to speak. Is this what mainstream America thinks hip-hop culture consists of? Who do we blame for this? While plenty rappers will preach and encourage spending like you belong in the 1%, many of us (including rappers) are actually front-line casualties of the war on the middle class. So where do we go to #Occupy? Today, we have a perhaps unlikely leader in the “cash shouldn’t rule everything around us” movement as Lloyd Banks (ironic?) tells us to not fret about money so much. Produced by G-Unit go-to-guy Doe Pesci, Make It Stack is a darkly piano-laced track that could serve as the outro music to an X-Files episode. Providing a message like your financial advisor, Banks tells a story of the things he’s accomplished as a rapper, but subtly admits it’s not really what he’s aiming for in life. I think we can now officially expect the unexpected on Lloyd’s upcoming and currently unscheduled mixtape, Cold Corner 2.
Listen to More: Lloyd Banks Written by Ivan Ibarra
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.