I recently saw a credit card commercial where Jimmy Fallon literally “makes it rain” in the 30 seconds of shine Capital One gave him to speak. Is this what mainstream America thinks hip-hop culture consists of? Who do we blame for this? While plenty rappers will preach and encourage spending like you belong in the 1%, many of us (including rappers) are actually front-line casualties of the war on the middle class. So where do we go to #Occupy? Today, we have a perhaps unlikely leader in the “cash shouldn’t rule everything around us” movement as Lloyd Banks (ironic?) tells us to not fret about money so much. Produced by G-Unit go-to-guy Doe Pesci, Make It Stack is a darkly piano-laced track that could serve as the outro music to an X-Files episode. Providing a message like your financial advisor, Banks tells a story of the things he’s accomplished as a rapper, but subtly admits it’s not really what he’s aiming for in life. I think we can now officially expect the unexpected on Lloyd’s upcoming and currently unscheduled mixtape, Cold Corner 2.
Listen to More: Lloyd Banks
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 10/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.