Since Lloyd Banks’ last feature, Spread My Wings, hit our homepage back in May, the G-Unit mainstay has scrapped the mixtape to which the record was attached (Cold Corner II) in order to work on his senior set… which we still have yet to learn much of anything about. A few dry months is nothing to get too worried about, but the most loyal members of Banks’ fanbase may be wondering if everything’s good with the Queens repper. Wonder no longer—on promo cut Love Me in the Hood, Banks informs us that he’s not just good, but excellent. In fact, absolutely nothing about his lifestyle, his attitude or his motivations has changed; over araabMUZIK‘s instrumental, a pensive blend of moody synths and head-noddable percussion seasoned with sampled ‘Hey!‘s, the artist assures us that the b*tches are still talking about him, he’s still getting that money, and he still loves the paper more than the hoes (Sorry, hoes). Even the haters are still on his case, same as ever—and he’s still “wreckin’ em,” on the regular. This joint isn’t slated for inclusion on any forthcoming project, but those who appreciated the update on Banks’ grind can cop Hood now on iTunes, as well as staying tuned for future developments in his hustle.
Written by richard on 08/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.