Ah, l’amour… If you need proof that budding romance can turn even the biggest braggart into a bundle of nerves, look no further than Lloyd Banks’ latest single, which finds the self-proclaimed player who brought us Beamer Benz, or Bentley and other swagger-drenched bangers telling a new girl “I Don’t Deserve You.” Backed by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League‘s fluttering string samples, the G-Unit alumnus lets his sensitive side shine, showering the woman in question with compliments (“Like candy to the corn, yeah, you’re finger-lickin’ fine.”) while wondering whether he’ll really be able to commit himself to a single shawty: “I got a sex drive that won’t allow me to latch… you deserve way more than that, I’ll just fall back.” Providing moral support as Banks struggles with whether to give her his heart, R&B hitmaker Jeremih laces the chorus with his inimitable brand of smoothness. H.F.M. 2 (Hunger for More 2), is available now in stores and online; fans should also be sure to check out the single’s official video, which premiered today.
Written by richard on 01/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.