The last Hip-Hop track I remember listening to with Jackpot in the title was courtesy of Chingy, so its more than safe to assume that Lloyd Banks wins the best-Jackpot-track-of-all-time title by default. In all seriousness though, Banks has a true winner on his hands. Produced by Jahill Beats, the G-Unit emcee brings us his first headlining track since November’s We F**kin. The long dramatic synth notes mixed with the underlining choir-esque sounding riff starts the mood off right with a real gangsta feel. The beat only gets better when the heavy bass drops in and the snare taps join in the middle of the verse. However, it’s not all about instrumentals and Banks successfully brings some hard lyrics to accompany the hard production. Though rapping about balling and crushing anyone in his path on the way to the top isn’t exactly new topical fodder, Banks’ effort is definitely gangsta enough to make you wanna slouch in the drivers seat and put down the windows. While no new projects are lined up for Lloyd, Jackpot will have you checking to see if something is cooking.
Written by JRTheWriter on 02/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.