The last Hip-Hop track I remember listening to with Jackpot in the title was courtesy of Chingy, so its more than safe to assume that Lloyd Banks wins the best-Jackpot-track-of-all-time title by default. In all seriousness though, Banks has a true winner on his hands. Produced by Jahill Beats, the G-Unit emcee brings us his first headlining track since November’s We F**kin. The long dramatic synth notes mixed with the underlining choir-esque sounding riff starts the mood off right with a real gangsta feel. The beat only gets better when the heavy bass drops in and the snare taps join in the middle of the verse. However, it’s not all about instrumentals and Banks successfully brings some hard lyrics to accompany the hard production. Though rapping about balling and crushing anyone in his path on the way to the top isn’t exactly new topical fodder, Banks’ effort is definitely gangsta enough to make you wanna slouch in the drivers seat and put down the windows. While no new projects are lined up for Lloyd, Jackpot will have you checking to see if something is cooking.
Written by JRTheWriter on 02/22/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.