Lloyd Banks’ V6 mixtape seemed to hit a bump in the road – there was a three month span between first release Wake Up and second release We Run This Town – but you can put any rumors of Banks’ demise to rest. On his latest head-nodder he’s determined to Bring It Back. Producer A6 fires some high caliber shots on the beat, laying a hypnotic synth line over some banging percussion. Fitting for a song called Bring It Back, it’s exactly the kind of instrumental Banks has been rocking over since the earliest G-Unit days, proving that he hasn’t lost a step in solid, unapologetic verse after verse. Adding to the NYC flavor is a typically punchline-heavy verse from Fabolous, who ‘s sure to make Celtics fans cringe by referencing the Heat’s latest acquisition Ray Allen (too soon Loso, too soon). While we still don’t have a firm release date, a high profile track like this can only mean one thing; the V6 mixtape is finally coming soon. Until then, feel free to hit repeat on this one and bring it back, and back, and back…
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)