Lloyd Banks’ V6 mixtape seemed to hit a bump in the road – there was a three month span between first release Wake Up and second release We Run This Town – but you can put any rumors of Banks’ demise to rest. On his latest head-nodder he’s determined to Bring It Back. Producer A6 fires some high caliber shots on the beat, laying a hypnotic synth line over some banging percussion. Fitting for a song called Bring It Back, it’s exactly the kind of instrumental Banks has been rocking over since the earliest G-Unit days, proving that he hasn’t lost a step in solid, unapologetic verse after verse. Adding to the NYC flavor is a typically punchline-heavy verse from Fabolous, who ‘s sure to make Celtics fans cringe by referencing the Heat’s latest acquisition Ray Allen (too soon Loso, too soon). While we still don’t have a firm release date, a high profile track like this can only mean one thing; the V6 mixtape is finally coming soon. Until then, feel free to hit repeat on this one and bring it back, and back, and back…
Written by Nathan S. on 07/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.