After the sales disaster of Terminate On Sight, many assume that the G-Unit is finished. The group’s buzz has certainly waned in the States, and as a result 50 Cent‘s upcoming album, Before I Self-Destruct, has yet to flash any release date possibilities. Member Lloyd Banks‘s solo career, however is still up in the air. Will he return to the critically-acclaimed form of his debut, The Hunger for More or that of its critically-derided follow-up, Rotten Apple? Either way, the Jamaica Queens native has chosen a new, grittier sound and will showcase it on his forthcoming mixtape, Top 5 or Better. On Brand New Car, Banks’ voice is noticeably raspier and more intense (reminiscent of longtime Unit rival, Jadakiss). Is Brand New Car an impressive ride, or just another lemon? You be the judge.
Written by Burmy on 08/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)