After the sales disaster of Terminate On Sight, many assume that the G-Unit is finished. The group’s buzz has certainly waned in the States, and as a result 50 Cent‘s upcoming album, Before I Self-Destruct, has yet to flash any release date possibilities. Member Lloyd Banks‘s solo career, however is still up in the air. Will he return to the critically-acclaimed form of his debut, The Hunger for More or that of its critically-derided follow-up, Rotten Apple? Either way, the Jamaica Queens native has chosen a new, grittier sound and will showcase it on his forthcoming mixtape, Top 5 or Better. On Brand New Car, Banks’ voice is noticeably raspier and more intense (reminiscent of longtime Unit rival, Jadakiss). Is Brand New Car an impressive ride, or just another lemon? You be the judge.
Written by Burmy on 08/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.