What artists would you grab for a remix to your smash single? Ludacris? Check. Jadakiss? Check. The-Dream? Check. Yo Gotti? Actually, that might not be a typical line-up, but the combination still works well on the official remix to Beamer, Benz or Bentley. Here, Lloyd Banks enlists fellow artists that are currently “hot” by industry and street standards for the remix, ultimately creating a gem that lives up to the original’s standards. Notably, producer Prime switches up his now legendary beat, giving the remix an after-hours feel perfect for two-stepping under neon light while sipping Hennessy. I was hoping for a 50 Cent verse, but I really can’t say I’m disappointed by this; all four rappers deliver “heat” that would make any pizza delivery pro proud. Personally, my favorite verse comes via Yo Gotti, but that could be credited to a southern bias from years of listening to Gotti lace dope records. How about you? Which artist owns the remix? For more whip-related rap, keep an eye out for Banks’ upcoming currently-untitled album.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/16/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)