What artists would you grab for a remix to your smash single? Ludacris? Check. Jadakiss? Check. The-Dream? Check. Yo Gotti? Actually, that might not be a typical line-up, but the combination still works well on the official remix to Beamer, Benz or Bentley. Here, Lloyd Banks enlists fellow artists that are currently “hot” by industry and street standards for the remix, ultimately creating a gem that lives up to the original’s standards. Notably, producer Prime switches up his now legendary beat, giving the remix an after-hours feel perfect for two-stepping under neon light while sipping Hennessy. I was hoping for a 50 Cent verse, but I really can’t say I’m disappointed by this; all four rappers deliver “heat” that would make any pizza delivery pro proud. Personally, my favorite verse comes via Yo Gotti, but that could be credited to a southern bias from years of listening to Gotti lace dope records. How about you? Which artist owns the remix? For more whip-related rap, keep an eye out for Banks’ upcoming currently-untitled album.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/16/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.