What artists would you grab for a remix to your smash single? Ludacris? Check. Jadakiss? Check. The-Dream? Check. Yo Gotti? Actually, that might not be a typical line-up, but the combination still works well on the official remix to Beamer, Benz or Bentley. Here, Lloyd Banks enlists fellow artists that are currently “hot” by industry and street standards for the remix, ultimately creating a gem that lives up to the original’s standards. Notably, producer Prime switches up his now legendary beat, giving the remix an after-hours feel perfect for two-stepping under neon light while sipping Hennessy. I was hoping for a 50 Cent verse, but I really can’t say I’m disappointed by this; all four rappers deliver “heat” that would make any pizza delivery pro proud. Personally, my favorite verse comes via Yo Gotti, but that could be credited to a southern bias from years of listening to Gotti lace dope records. How about you? Which artist owns the remix? For more whip-related rap, keep an eye out for Banks’ upcoming currently-untitled album.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)