What artists would you grab for a remix to your smash single? Ludacris? Check. Jadakiss? Check. The-Dream? Check. Yo Gotti? Actually, that might not be a typical line-up, but the combination still works well on the official remix to Beamer, Benz or Bentley. Here, Lloyd Banks enlists fellow artists that are currently “hot” by industry and street standards for the remix, ultimately creating a gem that lives up to the original’s standards. Notably, producer Prime switches up his now legendary beat, giving the remix an after-hours feel perfect for two-stepping under neon light while sipping Hennessy. I was hoping for a 50 Cent verse, but I really can’t say I’m disappointed by this; all four rappers deliver “heat” that would make any pizza delivery pro proud. Personally, my favorite verse comes via Yo Gotti, but that could be credited to a southern bias from years of listening to Gotti lace dope records. How about you? Which artist owns the remix? For more whip-related rap, keep an eye out for Banks’ upcoming currently-untitled album.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 05/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.