I love options, even though sometimes there’s nothing harder in life than making a difficult choice. However, the dilemma presented to Lloyd Banks in Beamer, Benz, or Bentley is one that I wouldn’t mind tackling. Over a spooky, echoing beat from producer Prime, Banks joins forces with Juelz Santana for the new street single off his next, currently untitled LP. While the subject matter is nothing groundbreaking, (cars, drugs, guns, girls, and … cars) both emcees use crisp flows to keep the content of the song as exciting as its production. What makes the track especially captivating is the return of Banks’ dazzling wordplay, which has been absent from most of his recent mixtape tracks. Juelz on the other hand, has been dropping bangers lately (see Home Run) and with lines like:“Makin’ movies, Tom Cruisin’/ if it’s action then I’m shootin/ pockets fat, neck studded Studdard / boy my nickname should be Ruben,” I don’t see a decline coming soon. Look out for Banks’ next G-Unit-only helmed album (he is no longer with Interscope) to drop this summer.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 02/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.