I love options, even though sometimes there’s nothing harder in life than making a difficult choice. However, the dilemma presented to Lloyd Banks in Beamer, Benz, or Bentley is one that I wouldn’t mind tackling. Over a spooky, echoing beat from producer Prime, Banks joins forces with Juelz Santana for the new street single off his next, currently untitled LP. While the subject matter is nothing groundbreaking, (cars, drugs, guns, girls, and … cars) both emcees use crisp flows to keep the content of the song as exciting as its production. What makes the track especially captivating is the return of Banks’ dazzling wordplay, which has been absent from most of his recent mixtape tracks. Juelz on the other hand, has been dropping bangers lately (see Home Run) and with lines like:“Makin’ movies, Tom Cruisin’/ if it’s action then I’m shootin/ pockets fat, neck studded Studdard / boy my nickname should be Ruben,” I don’t see a decline coming soon. Look out for Banks’ next G-Unit-only helmed album (he is no longer with Interscope) to drop this summer.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 02/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.