Two Lloyds have to be better than one, right? If that’s true, then expect G-Unit lyricist Lloyd Banks’ follow-up single to the smash Beamer Benz or Bentley to have immense success. For Any Girl, Banks recruits one of the hottest names in R&B and an old “rival,” former Murder Inc. signee, Lloyd. Over a trunk rattling Dready production, Lloyd-squared join forces to create a decent club song for all the ladies. A simple but effective chorus courtesy of Lloyd explains the song’s purpose: rich guys named Lloyd can have any girl that they choose (as if we didn’t already know). All jokes aside, Any Girl is a smooth listen due to Banks’ ability to ride the up-tempo beat like an extremely skilled bull rider and Lloyd’s velvety vocals. And while I don’t think this song will reach the success that Beamer Benz or Bentley achieved, I do think that there’s some legit heat here. If you agree, then be sure rate this accordingly, and be on the lookout for Lloyd Banks’ upcoming album Hunger For More 2, coming soon.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 06/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.