In a recent interview inside our DJBooth, LL Cool J declared that, despite his 24-year career, he hasn’t found it difficult to transition between each decade’s changing trends. Nonetheless, to prove to his early fans that he hasn’t fallen off, the Farmers Boulevard, Queens veteran lets listeners know You Better Watch Me. Somebody please check this man’s refrigerator for anything but Red Bull cans— Full of energy, LL’s flow is similar to hyped-up old-school emcees Canibus and Kool Moe Dee. Legendary producer Marley Marl (see Mama Said Knock You Out and Around The Way Girl) turns the synths up on the board to give the track a sound very similar to last year’s 50 Cent hit, I Get Money. Mr. Smith’s newest album, Exit 13, will be available in stores and online September 9.
Written by Burmy on 08/25/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.