In a recent interview inside our DJBooth, LL Cool J declared that, despite his 24-year career, he hasn’t found it difficult to transition between each decade’s changing trends. Nonetheless, to prove to his early fans that he hasn’t fallen off, the Farmers Boulevard, Queens veteran lets listeners know You Better Watch Me. Somebody please check this man’s refrigerator for anything but Red Bull cans— Full of energy, LL’s flow is similar to hyped-up old-school emcees Canibus and Kool Moe Dee. Legendary producer Marley Marl (see Mama Said Knock You Out and Around The Way Girl) turns the synths up on the board to give the track a sound very similar to last year’s 50 Cent hit, I Get Money. Mr. Smith’s newest album, Exit 13, will be available in stores and online September 9.
Listen to More: LL Cool J
Written by Burmy on 08/25/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.