In a recent interview inside our DJBooth, LL Cool J declared that, despite his 24-year career, he hasn’t found it difficult to transition between each decade’s changing trends. Nonetheless, to prove to his early fans that he hasn’t fallen off, the Farmers Boulevard, Queens veteran lets listeners know You Better Watch Me. Somebody please check this man’s refrigerator for anything but Red Bull cans— Full of energy, LL’s flow is similar to hyped-up old-school emcees Canibus and Kool Moe Dee. Legendary producer Marley Marl (see Mama Said Knock You Out and Around The Way Girl) turns the synths up on the board to give the track a sound very similar to last year’s 50 Cent hit, I Get Money. Mr. Smith’s newest album, Exit 13, will be available in stores and online September 9.
Listen to More: LL Cool J
Written by Burmy on 08/25/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.