LL Cool J is known more as a lover than a fighter (except for that one time), but that doesn’t mean the hip-hop veteran can’t get gully when he wants to. On freshly-minted street single The Hustler, Cool James offers a series of gritty lyrical snapshots of life of the block, flowing over a trap-informed beat by Grammy-winning producer Jerry Wonda. Dancehall heavyweight Mavado provides a catchy, yet hard-nosed guest hook. This jam isn’t part of a larger set but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from LL Cool J as we learn more about his plans.
Written by richard on 07/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.