While The DJBooth declined to post Ratchet, the lead single off LL Cool J‘s forthcoming indie LP, we weren’t about to leave the rap veteran’s fans hanging. Nearly a year after he made his last appearance with No More, we knew it was high time to bring our readers something new from Cool James. And so did he; follow-up single Take This begins with the artist checking his watch and announcing, “Lookin’ at my rolly it’s about that time / for me to paint pictures on the walls in your mind.” Backed by The ARE‘s sultry throwback grooves, LL proceeds to showcase his undiminished talent for lyrical foreplay, dropping verses that brim with erotically-charged double-entendres. Joe complements his sensual bars with a silky R&B hook. Independent studio album Authentic Hip Hop as yet lacks a drop date but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for all the latest tunes and release details.
Written by richard on 11/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.