Professionally, LL Cool J‘s got it pretty damn good right now—while he has made his starring role in NCIS: Los Angeles his main focus, the rap veteran’s still got the cachet to get hip-hop heads’ attention when he decides to release a new record. Be that as it may, the self-proclaimed G.O.A.T.‘s first Booth feature since September 2009’s NCIS: No Crew is Superior comes from a place of trouble and pain. On newly-released promo single No More, the emcee born James Todd Smith laces Rico Love and Jim Jonsin‘s understated synth-guitar boardwork with poetic snapshots from a love whose spark has died: “The dining room as an empty chair, the mirrored staircase has an empty stare (stair) / House full of company, but no one’s here / We’re saying ‘Cheers’ while we’re holding back tears.” Complete with the pained chorus vocals of R&B heavyweight Ne-Yo, No More is available now for purchase on iTunes. Additionally, watch for the record to appear in a future episode of NCIS: LA, airing Tuesday nights at 9:00/8:00 CST on your local CBS affiliate.
Written by richard on 11/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.