Professionally, LL Cool J‘s got it pretty damn good right now—while he has made his starring role in NCIS: Los Angeles his main focus, the rap veteran’s still got the cachet to get hip-hop heads’ attention when he decides to release a new record. Be that as it may, the self-proclaimed G.O.A.T.‘s first Booth feature since September 2009’s NCIS: No Crew is Superior comes from a place of trouble and pain. On newly-released promo single No More, the emcee born James Todd Smith laces Rico Love and Jim Jonsin‘s understated synth-guitar boardwork with poetic snapshots from a love whose spark has died: “The dining room as an empty chair, the mirrored staircase has an empty stare (stair) / House full of company, but no one’s here / We’re saying ‘Cheers’ while we’re holding back tears.” Complete with the pained chorus vocals of R&B heavyweight Ne-Yo, No More is available now for purchase on iTunes. Additionally, watch for the record to appear in a future episode of NCIS: LA, airing Tuesday nights at 9:00/8:00 CST on your local CBS affiliate.
Written by richard on 11/15/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.