LL Cool J, whose most recent project (Exit 13) was released a year ago last week, is currently a free-agent in the recording industry, having fulfilled a Def Jam contract that lasted an amazing 23 years. While the self-proclaimed G.O.A.T remains a somewhat viable commodity in rap music, the rapper/actor has decided to go Hollywood (literally) yet again, gearing up for the premiere of his brand new CBS show, NCIS: Los Angeles. The program’s title, which stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service, gets the remix treatment on Cool J’s new promo single; on the revamped track, the Queens-born emcee reminds his listening audience that No Crew Is Superior to his own. Tricky Stewart (who produced ‘08 single Baby) supplies a slowly-building beat that allows LL to showcase his senior citizen swagger, but also, more importantly, permits the track to flow evenly from start to finish. Show executives have no current plans to use No Crew Is Superior for the opening theme song or release it as part of an official soundtrack, but the record is currently available for purchase at iTunes.
Written by DJ Z on 09/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)