LL Cool J, whose most recent project (Exit 13) was released a year ago last week, is currently a free-agent in the recording industry, having fulfilled a Def Jam contract that lasted an amazing 23 years. While the self-proclaimed G.O.A.T remains a somewhat viable commodity in rap music, the rapper/actor has decided to go Hollywood (literally) yet again, gearing up for the premiere of his brand new CBS show, NCIS: Los Angeles. The program’s title, which stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service, gets the remix treatment on Cool J’s new promo single; on the revamped track, the Queens-born emcee reminds his listening audience that No Crew Is Superior to his own. Tricky Stewart (who produced ‘08 single Baby) supplies a slowly-building beat that allows LL to showcase his senior citizen swagger, but also, more importantly, permits the track to flow evenly from start to finish. Show executives have no current plans to use No Crew Is Superior for the opening theme song or release it as part of an official soundtrack, but the record is currently available for purchase at iTunes.
Listen to More: LL Cool J
Written by DJ Z on 09/13/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)