LL Cool J, whose most recent project (Exit 13) was released a year ago last week, is currently a free-agent in the recording industry, having fulfilled a Def Jam contract that lasted an amazing 23 years. While the self-proclaimed G.O.A.T remains a somewhat viable commodity in rap music, the rapper/actor has decided to go Hollywood (literally) yet again, gearing up for the premiere of his brand new CBS show, NCIS: Los Angeles. The program’s title, which stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service, gets the remix treatment on Cool J’s new promo single; on the revamped track, the Queens-born emcee reminds his listening audience that No Crew Is Superior to his own. Tricky Stewart (who produced ‘08 single Baby) supplies a slowly-building beat that allows LL to showcase his senior citizen swagger, but also, more importantly, permits the track to flow evenly from start to finish. Show executives have no current plans to use No Crew Is Superior for the opening theme song or release it as part of an official soundtrack, but the record is currently available for purchase at iTunes.
Listen to More: LL Cool J
Written by DJ Z on 09/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.