In November of 1985, when a young LL Cool J released his debut, Radio, nobody in their right mind could have predicted that 23 years later, the Brooklyn entertainer born Todd Smith would be readying his thirteenth album. Following the release of his newest street anthem, The 5 Boroughs Is Back, two female-driven songs made their way inside the booth: Cry and Girl If I. While both records brought listeners back to the days of LL’s softer touch (think Doin’ It or Hush), neither sparked much buzz. Consequently, the artist and his about-to-be-former label have scrapped both songs and will roll forward (officially?) with the The-Dream-produced and assisted Baby. Needless to say, at no time over the next three months will you be able to hear with words “summertime” and “anthem” without hearing the veteran rapper’s brand new hit.
Note: The streaming of “Baby” has temporarily been suspended.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.