After over a year of anticipation (and plenty of buzz singles), LL Cool J has finally released the official first single from his thirteenth and final album on Def Jam, Exit 13. As the father of the rap ballad (see I Need Love from ‘87), Mr. Smith once again proves just how committed he is to his woman of eleven years with Cry. Lil’ Mo, hook-singer extraordinaire of the NYC rap scene, belts strong, soulful vocals that bring you back to late-‘90s/early-‘00s-era hip-hop. Accented by producer Raw Uncut‘s classic Northeastern-sounding production, Cry will certainly be a summer smash, especially among the ladies and the old-timers.
Written by Burmy on 05/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.