After over a year of anticipation (and plenty of buzz singles), LL Cool J has finally released the official first single from his thirteenth and final album on Def Jam, Exit 13. As the father of the rap ballad (see I Need Love from ‘87), Mr. Smith once again proves just how committed he is to his woman of eleven years with Cry. Lil’ Mo, hook-singer extraordinaire of the NYC rap scene, belts strong, soulful vocals that bring you back to late-‘90s/early-‘00s-era hip-hop. Accented by producer Raw Uncut‘s classic Northeastern-sounding production, Cry will certainly be a summer smash, especially among the ladies and the old-timers.
Written by Burmy on 05/22/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.