After over a year of anticipation (and plenty of buzz singles), LL Cool J has finally released the official first single from his thirteenth and final album on Def Jam, Exit 13. As the father of the rap ballad (see I Need Love from ‘87), Mr. Smith once again proves just how committed he is to his woman of eleven years with Cry. Lil’ Mo, hook-singer extraordinaire of the NYC rap scene, belts strong, soulful vocals that bring you back to late-‘90s/early-‘00s-era hip-hop. Accented by producer Raw Uncut‘s classic Northeastern-sounding production, Cry will certainly be a summer smash, especially among the ladies and the old-timers.
Written by Burmy on 05/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.