After over a year of anticipation (and plenty of buzz singles), LL Cool J has finally released the official first single from his thirteenth and final album on Def Jam, Exit 13. As the father of the rap ballad (see I Need Love from ‘87), Mr. Smith once again proves just how committed he is to his woman of eleven years with Cry. Lil’ Mo, hook-singer extraordinaire of the NYC rap scene, belts strong, soulful vocals that bring you back to late-‘90s/early-‘00s-era hip-hop. Accented by producer Raw Uncut‘s classic Northeastern-sounding production, Cry will certainly be a summer smash, especially among the ladies and the old-timers.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.