After falling behind Def Jam roster mates Ne-Yo, Rihanna and Young Jeezy on Jay-Z‘s priority list, LL Cool J got mad. On the new track, Queens, which features fellow New York natives 50 Cent, Mobb Deep, Kool G Rap and Tony Yayo, he seems to think he’s getting even. Discussing his love for the ‘old days’ when Russell Simmons and Rick Rubin were the big dogs at IDJ, LL takes shots at Jay’s administration and his professionalism. What may get lost on listeners however, is that despite Mr. James direct remarks, the track features high quality performances from both 50 Cent (think Power of the Dollar days) and Tony Yayo (yes, the only Tony Yayo you know.)
Written by DJ Z on 06/18/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Hood Like ft. Lil' Scrappy" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)