Five years ago, few mainstream listeners had even heard of the Caribbean island of Barbados. Now, with Rihanna a worldwide icon and Shontelle gaining popularity due to successful single T-Shirt, it’s a good time to be a young female Bajan striving to make it in the music industry. Just ask 21-year old Livvi Franc; recently signed to Jive (I know what you’re thinking, but they’re great with the pop stars), she’s getting ready to release her debut album, which features such heavyweight producers as RedOne, J.R. Rotem, and Greg Kurstin. Not one to mince words, Livvi lets all her exes know where they stand on new single Now I’m That B*tch; as much as they want her back, they’ve blown their chances and that’s that. Salaam Remi backs up the big-talk with a pulse-heavy beat clubgoers can’t help but get up and dance to. Judging by the hit potential Franc brings to the table on this cut, she may well be the third Bajan songstress to hit it big stateside.
Written by Burmy on 04/6/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.