Five years ago, few mainstream listeners had even heard of the Caribbean island of Barbados. Now, with Rihanna a worldwide icon and Shontelle gaining popularity due to successful single T-Shirt, it’s a good time to be a young female Bajan striving to make it in the music industry. Just ask 21-year old Livvi Franc; recently signed to Jive (I know what you’re thinking, but they’re great with the pop stars), she’s getting ready to release her debut album, which features such heavyweight producers as RedOne, J.R. Rotem, and Greg Kurstin. Not one to mince words, Livvi lets all her exes know where they stand on new single Now I’m That B*tch; as much as they want her back, they’ve blown their chances and that’s that. Salaam Remi backs up the big-talk with a pulse-heavy beat clubgoers can’t help but get up and dance to. Judging by the hit potential Franc brings to the table on this cut, she may well be the third Bajan songstress to hit it big stateside.
Written by Burmy on 04/6/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.