Five years ago, few mainstream listeners had even heard of the Caribbean island of Barbados. Now, with Rihanna a worldwide icon and Shontelle gaining popularity due to successful single T-Shirt, it’s a good time to be a young female Bajan striving to make it in the music industry. Just ask 21-year old Livvi Franc; recently signed to Jive (I know what you’re thinking, but they’re great with the pop stars), she’s getting ready to release her debut album, which features such heavyweight producers as RedOne, J.R. Rotem, and Greg Kurstin. Not one to mince words, Livvi lets all her exes know where they stand on new single Now I’m That B*tch; as much as they want her back, they’ve blown their chances and that’s that. Salaam Remi backs up the big-talk with a pulse-heavy beat clubgoers can’t help but get up and dance to. Judging by the hit potential Franc brings to the table on this cut, she may well be the third Bajan songstress to hit it big stateside.
Written by Burmy on 04/6/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.