Five years ago, few mainstream listeners had even heard of the Caribbean island of Barbados. Now, with Rihanna a worldwide icon and Shontelle gaining popularity due to successful single T-Shirt, it’s a good time to be a young female Bajan striving to make it in the music industry. Just ask 21-year old Livvi Franc; recently signed to Jive (I know what you’re thinking, but they’re great with the pop stars), she’s getting ready to release her debut album, which features such heavyweight producers as RedOne, J.R. Rotem, and Greg Kurstin. Not one to mince words, Livvi lets all her exes know where they stand on new single Now I’m That B*tch; as much as they want her back, they’ve blown their chances and that’s that. Salaam Remi backs up the big-talk with a pulse-heavy beat clubgoers can’t help but get up and dance to. Judging by the hit potential Franc brings to the table on this cut, she may well be the third Bajan songstress to hit it big stateside.
Written by Burmy on 04/6/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.