Five years ago, few mainstream listeners had even heard of the Caribbean island of Barbados. Now, with Rihanna a worldwide icon and Shontelle gaining popularity due to successful single T-Shirt, it’s a good time to be a young female Bajan striving to make it in the music industry. Just ask 21-year old Livvi Franc; recently signed to Jive (I know what you’re thinking, but they’re great with the pop stars), she’s getting ready to release her debut album, which features such heavyweight producers as RedOne, J.R. Rotem, and Greg Kurstin. Not one to mince words, Livvi lets all her exes know where they stand on new single Now I’m That B*tch; as much as they want her back, they’ve blown their chances and that’s that. Salaam Remi backs up the big-talk with a pulse-heavy beat clubgoers can’t help but get up and dance to. Judging by the hit potential Franc brings to the table on this cut, she may well be the third Bajan songstress to hit it big stateside.
Written by Burmy on 04/6/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.