Every time my “low gas” light comes on I cringe, as it means I will soon be dropping nearly 50 bucks. Thankfully, Livvi Franc’s Gasoline does not cost anything and is 100 times more likely to blow up than the product available at your local Exxon. Gasoline features a poppy Rich Skillz production, which is driven by an intoxicating guitar riff. Franc hails from the UK, which gives her a different sound from your average American songstress and adds to the appeal of her vocals. In addition to her unique vocal presence, she exhibits power, heart, and a knack for crafting insanely catchy hooks. All of the aforementioned traits combine to make Gasoline go down easy. The record is not attached to anything larger, but Franc’s previous Booth feature, Ballerina, arrived earlier this month and is also well worth checking out.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Now I'm That B*tch" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.