On DJBooth debut Now I’m That B**tch, released way back in April of 2009, Livvi Franc informed presumptuous punks that, despite her innocent exterior, she’s perfectly able to take care of herself. Even the most capable among us, however, can get overwhelmed when the heat’s on. New promo single Ballerina, the Barbadian crooner’s first feature in four years, finds her struggling to regain her bearings in a world that’s spinning around her at ever-increasing speeds. Disoriented as she may be, Franc’s got sh*t under control in the musical arena; not only does she turn in a powerful performance on the verses and chorus, but she builds an entire instrumental backdrop from her vocals (with a little help from engineer Marcos Tovar). While this joint isn’t part of a larger project, those left craving more can, of course, watch our pages for the latest from this unsigned pop songstress.
Written by richard on 04/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Now I'm That B*tch" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.