On DJBooth debut Now I’m That B**tch, released way back in April of 2009, Livvi Franc informed presumptuous punks that, despite her innocent exterior, she’s perfectly able to take care of herself. Even the most capable among us, however, can get overwhelmed when the heat’s on. New promo single Ballerina, the Barbadian crooner’s first feature in four years, finds her struggling to regain her bearings in a world that’s spinning around her at ever-increasing speeds. Disoriented as she may be, Franc’s got sh*t under control in the musical arena; not only does she turn in a powerful performance on the verses and chorus, but she builds an entire instrumental backdrop from her vocals (with a little help from engineer Marcos Tovar). While this joint isn’t part of a larger project, those left craving more can, of course, watch our pages for the latest from this unsigned pop songstress.
Written by richard on 04/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Now I'm That B*tch" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.