The latest feature from Living Legends may look like your average hip-hop record, but don’t be fooled: beneath its innocent exterior lurk a veritable army of ruthless rhymesayers, just waiting for the chance to jump out and lay waste to… I don’t know…. your headphones? The rest of the music in your collection? The analogy kinda breaks down there. Regardless, Trojan Horse is an aural assault that will leave hardcore heads elated and the rest curled up in the fetal position. The first record to feature the Los Angeles crew’s full, eight-man lineup since 2008, the record is a bold, brash display of lyrical dominance, with crew member Eligh serving up a lumbering brass sample to back the hard-hitting lyricism of himself, Sunspot Jonz, Luckiam.PSC, The Grouch, MURS, Scarub, Bicasso and Aesop. (Along with interjections from a helium-voiced hype man.) Whose bars make the biggest impression? Debate away - or simply sit back and enjoy the lyrical carnage. Those who like what they’re hearing can cop Trojan Horse either singly or as part of the group’s Greatest Hits mix (available here).
Written by richard on 06/13/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.