When you sleep on an artist as talented as Little Simz, the best-case scenario is that you eventually come to your senses and feel like a fool. If you’re not so lucky, on the other hand, your slumbers might end in a night terror. On her latest EP single, the UK emcee does her best to shake listeners out of their Sleep Paralysis and save them from that unpleasant fate. Though her rhymes here are less intense than the hungry bars she showcased on June’s Devour, fans are sure to appreciate the agility and self-assurance Simz exhibits over Smashbrovaz member Junia-T‘s leisurely, keyboard-led production. Complete with a guest chorus by reader-approved singer-songwriter Emerson Brooks, this is just one of many quality cuts to be found on the artist’s Age 101: Drop 1 EP, available now via her Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.