Few (healthy) snacks are more addictive than Mandarin Oranges; their comparatively small size makes it damn near impossible to stop at just one. Lil Simz‘s latest promo single has a similarly compulsive appeal, so don’t be surprised if, after listening, you spend the next 20 minutes digging into her past Booth features. On this headnodic cut, the UK wunderkind links up with an emerging talent from the other side of the Atlantic; after the headliner’s said her piece, Grand Rapids up-and-comer Waldo jumps on Sango‘s chopped-sample beat to deliver a confident closing 16. Oranges isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can hear more from Simz and Waldo on their respective latest projects, Blank Canvas and NSDE/OUTSDE.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.