Few (healthy) snacks are more addictive than Mandarin Oranges; their comparatively small size makes it damn near impossible to stop at just one. Lil Simz‘s latest promo single has a similarly compulsive appeal, so don’t be surprised if, after listening, you spend the next 20 minutes digging into her past Booth features. On this headnodic cut, the UK wunderkind links up with an emerging talent from the other side of the Atlantic; after the headliner’s said her piece, Grand Rapids up-and-comer Waldo jumps on Sango‘s chopped-sample beat to deliver a confident closing 16. Oranges isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can hear more from Simz and Waldo on their respective latest projects, Blank Canvas and NSDE/OUTSDE.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.