Few (healthy) snacks are more addictive than Mandarin Oranges; their comparatively small size makes it damn near impossible to stop at just one. Lil Simz‘s latest promo single has a similarly compulsive appeal, so don’t be surprised if, after listening, you spend the next 20 minutes digging into her past Booth features. On this headnodic cut, the UK wunderkind links up with an emerging talent from the other side of the Atlantic; after the headliner’s said her piece, Grand Rapids up-and-comer Waldo jumps on Sango‘s chopped-sample beat to deliver a confident closing 16. Oranges isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can hear more from Simz and Waldo on their respective latest projects, Blank Canvas and NSDE/OUTSDE.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.