Few (healthy) snacks are more addictive than Mandarin Oranges; their comparatively small size makes it damn near impossible to stop at just one. Lil Simz‘s latest promo single has a similarly compulsive appeal, so don’t be surprised if, after listening, you spend the next 20 minutes digging into her past Booth features. On this headnodic cut, the UK wunderkind links up with an emerging talent from the other side of the Atlantic; after the headliner’s said her piece, Grand Rapids up-and-comer Waldo jumps on Sango‘s chopped-sample beat to deliver a confident closing 16. Oranges isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can hear more from Simz and Waldo on their respective latest projects, Blank Canvas and NSDE/OUTSDE.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.