Little Simz is one of the hungriest young rhymesayers in the game. If past Booth features like Deranged and Mandarin Oranges haven’t made that abundantly clear, just listen to the UK buzzmaker Devour the beat (and her competition) on this freshly-released single. Jakwob‘s piano-laced boardwork is surprisingly low-key in comparison to Simz’s hard-hitting bars, but the contrast only amplifies the impact of her verses. Like what you’re hearing? This is just one of many left-of-center bangers to be found on the unsigned up-and-comer’s E.D.G.E. LP, available via Bandcamp for a price of your choosing.
Written by richard on 06/23/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.