As listeners to her recent DJBooth debut, BAD (Lord Forgive Me), may have surmised, UK rap buzzmaker Little Simz ain’t exactly right in the head. Fortunately, rap is one of the few careers in which being slightly Deranged is an asset, rather than a liability. On the latest song release off her forthcoming mixtape, the 19-year-old rhymesayer delivers unhinged lyrical flames over the grimy Matt Martian/randomblackdude beat that originally backed Earl Sweatshirt‘s Hive. In contrast to the aggressive, taunting delivery showcased on her first feature, the artist delivers her combative bars in an impassive tone reminiscent of the Odd Future lyricist’s trademark deadpan croak. (You know, if Earl were female and British.) Jeremy Cole provides some “dark, glitchy” visuals to accompany the cut. Fans can find Deranged and much more on Little Simz’s Blank Canvas tape, available now online
Written by richard on 10/4/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.