As listeners to her recent DJBooth debut, BAD (Lord Forgive Me), may have surmised, UK rap buzzmaker Little Simz ain’t exactly right in the head. Fortunately, rap is one of the few careers in which being slightly Deranged is an asset, rather than a liability. On the latest song release off her forthcoming mixtape, the 19-year-old rhymesayer delivers unhinged lyrical flames over the grimy Matt Martian/randomblackdude beat that originally backed Earl Sweatshirt‘s Hive. In contrast to the aggressive, taunting delivery showcased on her first feature, the artist delivers her combative bars in an impassive tone reminiscent of the Odd Future lyricist’s trademark deadpan croak. (You know, if Earl were female and British.) Jeremy Cole provides some “dark, glitchy” visuals to accompany the cut. Fans can find Deranged and much more on Little Simz’s Blank Canvas tape, available now online
Written by richard on 10/4/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.