The title of Little Simz‘s debut solo feature, BAD (Lord Forgive Me), had me expecting an emotional joint full of tearful confessions. Once I hit play, however, I quickly began to doubt the sincerity of her contrition. While the 19-year-old Londoner expresses penitence for her sins—her prideful self-regard, her penchant for murdering beats, her wrathful attitude toward rival emcees—on the hook, she hops right back onto the path of iniquity when it comes time to deliver her rapid-fire verses. Balistiq handles production duties, backing the artist’s aggressive bars with bass-booming percussion and syncopated synth/string hits. BAD is just one of many bangers to be found on Simz’s Blank Canvas tape, dropping tomorrow via Jay Z‘s Life + Times blog. If you just can’t wait for more, why not check out her recent guest 16 on MeLo-X‘s Rich Man?
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.