The title of Little Simz‘s debut solo feature, BAD (Lord Forgive Me), had me expecting an emotional joint full of tearful confessions. Once I hit play, however, I quickly began to doubt the sincerity of her contrition. While the 19-year-old Londoner expresses penitence for her sins—her prideful self-regard, her penchant for murdering beats, her wrathful attitude toward rival emcees—on the hook, she hops right back onto the path of iniquity when it comes time to deliver her rapid-fire verses. Balistiq handles production duties, backing the artist’s aggressive bars with bass-booming percussion and syncopated synth/string hits. BAD is just one of many bangers to be found on Simz’s Blank Canvas tape, dropping tomorrow via Jay Z‘s Life + Times blog. If you just can’t wait for more, why not check out her recent guest 16 on MeLo-X‘s Rich Man?
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.