The title of Little Simz‘s debut solo feature, BAD (Lord Forgive Me), had me expecting an emotional joint full of tearful confessions. Once I hit play, however, I quickly began to doubt the sincerity of her contrition. While the 19-year-old Londoner expresses penitence for her sins—her prideful self-regard, her penchant for murdering beats, her wrathful attitude toward rival emcees—on the hook, she hops right back onto the path of iniquity when it comes time to deliver her rapid-fire verses. Balistiq handles production duties, backing the artist’s aggressive bars with bass-booming percussion and syncopated synth/string hits. BAD is just one of many bangers to be found on Simz’s Blank Canvas tape, dropping tomorrow via Jay Z‘s Life + Times blog. If you just can’t wait for more, why not check out her recent guest 16 on MeLo-X‘s Rich Man?
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.