The title of Little Simz‘s debut solo feature, BAD (Lord Forgive Me), had me expecting an emotional joint full of tearful confessions. Once I hit play, however, I quickly began to doubt the sincerity of her contrition. While the 19-year-old Londoner expresses penitence for her sins—her prideful self-regard, her penchant for murdering beats, her wrathful attitude toward rival emcees—on the hook, she hops right back onto the path of iniquity when it comes time to deliver her rapid-fire verses. Balistiq handles production duties, backing the artist’s aggressive bars with bass-booming percussion and syncopated synth/string hits. BAD is just one of many bangers to be found on Simz’s Blank Canvas tape, dropping tomorrow via Jay Z‘s Life + Times blog. If you just can’t wait for more, why not check out her recent guest 16 on MeLo-X‘s Rich Man?
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.