The title of Little Simz‘s debut solo feature, BAD (Lord Forgive Me), had me expecting an emotional joint full of tearful confessions. Once I hit play, however, I quickly began to doubt the sincerity of her contrition. While the 19-year-old Londoner expresses penitence for her sins—her prideful self-regard, her penchant for murdering beats, her wrathful attitude toward rival emcees—on the hook, she hops right back onto the path of iniquity when it comes time to deliver her rapid-fire verses. Balistiq handles production duties, backing the artist’s aggressive bars with bass-booming percussion and syncopated synth/string hits. BAD is just one of many bangers to be found on Simz’s Blank Canvas tape, dropping tomorrow via Jay Z‘s Life + Times blog. If you just can’t wait for more, why not check out her recent guest 16 on MeLo-X‘s Rich Man?
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.