It sure has been a busy couple of years for North Carolina hip-hop group Little Brother. After releasing their critically-acclaimed major-label debut The Minstrel Show, the group parted ways with Atlantic Records, and recently member/producer 9th Wonder left on good terms. Putting all the drama behind them, they have come back with Good Clothes, the first single from their upcoming album Getback.
Big Pooh and Phonte reminisce on what they had to go through just to get a hold of some good-looking clothes, while taking an unusual (yet refreshing) stance towards fashion (calling out a guy wearing a sport coat in the super-hot club, as well as a big-sized girl wearing tight jeans with her gut sticking out one end). Complemented perfectly by a retro-sounding beat by Illmind, look for this joint to be bumping in the CD players or iPods of all old-school style hip hop fans.
Written by Burmy on 06/27/07
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Justus
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Breakin' My Heart ft. Lil' Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.