It sure has been a busy couple of years for North Carolina hip-hop group Little Brother. After releasing their critically-acclaimed major-label debut The Minstrel Show, the group parted ways with Atlantic Records, and recently member/producer 9th Wonder left on good terms. Putting all the drama behind them, they have come back with Good Clothes, the first single from their upcoming album Getback.
Big Pooh and Phonte reminisce on what they had to go through just to get a hold of some good-looking clothes, while taking an unusual (yet refreshing) stance towards fashion (calling out a guy wearing a sport coat in the super-hot club, as well as a big-sized girl wearing tight jeans with her gut sticking out one end). Complemented perfectly by a retro-sounding beat by Illmind, look for this joint to be bumping in the CD players or iPods of all old-school style hip hop fans.
Listen to More: Little Brother Written by Burmy
Hall Of Justus
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Breakin' My Heart ft. Lil' Wayne" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.