It sure has been a busy couple of years for North Carolina hip-hop group Little Brother. After releasing their critically-acclaimed major-label debut The Minstrel Show, the group parted ways with Atlantic Records, and recently member/producer 9th Wonder left on good terms. Putting all the drama behind them, they have come back with Good Clothes, the first single from their upcoming album Getback.
Big Pooh and Phonte reminisce on what they had to go through just to get a hold of some good-looking clothes, while taking an unusual (yet refreshing) stance towards fashion (calling out a guy wearing a sport coat in the super-hot club, as well as a big-sized girl wearing tight jeans with her gut sticking out one end). Complemented perfectly by a retro-sounding beat by Illmind, look for this joint to be bumping in the CD players or iPods of all old-school style hip hop fans.
Listen to More: Little Brother
Written by Burmy on 06/27/07
Submit your Rating
Hall Of Justus
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Breakin' My Heart ft. Lil' Wayne" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.